Thursday 26 June 2014

Crosseyes London: A Revolution in Eyewear

It isn't often that I find myself writing about press days as I like to keep this blog quite consistent to my work, writing about what inspires me both professionally and personally without mimicking the seagull chorus from Finding Nemo of 'what I wore today' posts. Based on my outfit preference of jeans and a black polo neck, I couldn't imagine style posts written by myself being particularly enthralling anyway!


The press day I attended yesterday was unique, anticipating a revelation in the future of opticians and simplicity of hunting down a stylish, well priced pair of frames. Considering the brand is still relatively low key here in London, I feel the potential within the fashion industry is immense, set to entirely evolve the perspective of eyewear in the future to come.

The glasses are minimalistic yet quirky, perfect for those -including myself- looking for a pair that are bold without being to fussy; the perfect level of unique without resembling comedy caricature Dame Edna.

According to the CEO Søren Møller, there are a limited number of each unisex pair made- no more parading around the streets of London to find hundreds of others wearing identical, discernible Gok Wans!


The first Crosseyes store opened in 2010, with the intention of challenging the eyewear industry, which Søren found to be 'old fashioned and not very dynamic'.

In the short space of 4 years, there are now 6 stores across Denmark echoing it's success. 6 months since Crosseyes launched in London, Søren Møller explains that 'British customers really like the informal, relaxed atmosphere in our store and aim for 'everyone to be able to come in and find a pair of glasses that exactly underlines their personality', ideal for style conscious Londoners. 


The pricing structure is also rather ingenious and will leave even the biggest of brands wondering why they hadn't thought of it first. All frames in store are the same very reasonable price, with a clear & concise list of options for both the faux short sighted and authentic partially blind, like myself.

The team at the Crosseyes store in London (5 minutes walk from the Barbican tube) are a delightful, down to earth bunch, with a clear passion for the brand, an encouraging knowledge of the eyewear industry and a fresh inspiring perspective. I really do recommend a visit- they have a gorgeous selection of sunglasses too.

Alice Luker
www.aliceluker.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment